Saturday, April 2, 2011

Autographing Books at Tun Jugah and Country Number Twelve!

This just came up at the last moment, but Borneo Tom and I are autographing our books at Tun Jugah here in Kuching today (Saturday) and Sunday 11-4. So if you know anyone in the Kuching area that may be interested, please have them drop by. Next week, I’ll be conducting two workshops in KK and signing more autographs.  This is the best part about being an author, signing those autographs.  Of course, cashing that royalty check is pretty nice, too.  Right now the sums are in Malaysian Ringgit, later this year I’ll be earning them in Euros and that’s a nice feeling.  Of course a mid six-figure to seven-figure advance on one of my novels would look pretty nice in my bank account.  It has happened to some of my friends and to other writers that Tom knows.   


“Home for Hari Raya” has just been accepted in Istanbul Literary Review, making Turkey the twelfth country that has published at least one short story from Lovers and Strangers Revisited.  I had suggested that they use the link to The Story Behind the Story. That’s the 80th publication of one of those stories, which I find absolutely amazing! “Home for Hari Raya” a sentimental favorite of mine finally breaks out of Malaysia.  Since I recently rewrote all of the stories for the French translation, I want to start submitting them again.  Hey, you never know.  



Here are links to some of my author-to-author interviews of first novelists:

Ivy Ngeow author of Cry of the Flying Rhino, winner of the 2016 Proverse Prize.

Golda Mowe author of Iban Dream and Iban Journey.

Preeta Samarasan author of Evening is the Whole Day

Chuah Guat Eng,  author of Echoes of Silence and Days of Change. 

Plus:

Beheaded on Road to Nationhood: Sarawak Reclaimed—Part I 

2 comments:

geny said...

Assalamualaikum,I read your book 'lovers and strangers'. It was awesome! Kudos to you!

Borneo Expat Writer said...

Thanks Geny! Glad you enjoyed it.
There's a blog series about each story, how it got written and the significant changes I made that led to the various publications.
http://thestorybehindthestoryoflsr.blogspot.com/

Recommend it to others interested in writing; they would learn a lot from the process. The blog series is being used in universities and private colleges alongside the stories. All the best, Robert