Saturday, October 18, 2008

Review of Lovers and Strangers Revisited in Air Asia Inflight Magazine: Are You Judged By The Company You Keep?

If you're judged by the company you keep, then I'm quite happy to have the review of Lovers and Strangers Revisited in Air Asia's Travel 3Sixty, October issue. Not only is the review good, I'm surrounded by bestselling writers. Stephen King is on my left and on my right Jude Deveraux and John Grisham!

In case the print is too small to read:

Lovers and Strangers Revisited
Author: Robert Raymer
Genre: Collection of short stories

Raymer has travelled extensively in Asia and lived in Malaysia for more than 20 years. This absorbing collection of short stories is borne of his observations of experiences with life in Malaysia, its people and culture. Not always flattering but not really judgemental, his stories offer a different view on issues that locals may long have gotten used to.




If you happen to catch other reviews please let me know! Better still, send it to me! Thanks!

*Update, the 20th anniversary of Lovers and Strangers Revisited

Here are links to some of my author-to-author interviews of first novelists:

Ivy Ngeow author of Cry of the Flying Rhino, winner of the 2016 Proverse Prize.

Golda Mowe author of Iban Dream and Iban Journey.

Preeta Samarasan author of Evening is the Whole Day

Chuah Guat Eng,  author of Echoes of Silence and Days of Change. 

Plus:

Beheaded on Road to Nationhood: Sarawak Reclaimed—Part I .

No comments: